What is Negotiation?
Negotiation is a process by which individuals settle their misunderstandings or differences. It is a procedure by which a compromise or an understanding is reached while evading contention and court.
Negotiation is a procedure where two or more people with various needs and objectives talk about an issue to discover a mutually agreeable solution. The purpose of Negotiation is to attempt to achieve assentions without escalation of conflict. The standards of reasonableness, looking for common advantage and keeping up a relationship are the keys to a fruitful result.
The Centre provides both online and physical platform for parties willing to negotiate their differences and helps in reaching an understanding.
The benefits of Negotiation are
- Easy accessibility
- Cost and time effective
- Mutually beneficial
- Preserves the relationships
The Process of Negotiation
The process of Negotiation has the following stages:
- Contact the Centre through www.onlinemendiationcenter.ac.in.
- The Centre will determine if your dispute is appropriate for Negotiation.
- The Centre will co-ordinate with the other party through the portal and determine if they are willing to negotiate.
- Parties to Negotiation shall abide by the Rules and Code of Conduct of the Centre.
- Your negotiation will be scheduled at a mutually convenient time and may take place either in the physical presence of the parties to the dispute or through online mechanism provided by the Centre.
- At the Negotiation session, each party explains his or her point of view. There will be no interference by the Centre.
- If you reach an agreement, it can be finalized by a written agreement.
- In short, it includes the following steps: Preparation, Exchange of information, Clarifications, Bargaining and agreement and Implementation.