Online Consumer Mediation is an innovative dimension to grievance redressal. The Online mediation service you avail through this platform is designed to provide user-friendly, transparent and secure system of complaint resolution for the products and services bought online.
Here’s how you get started:
If you are unhappy with the product or service and you want to file a complaint against the e-commerce company, you may choose to file complaint with us.
- Item not delivered/ received.
- Item Significantly Not as Described.
- Item not replaced/exchanged.
- Item returned but money not refund
STEP 1- Registration with OCMC/Sign in
- The first time you file your complaint, sign-up/register with us by filling a simple registration form.
- Please furnish the following mandatory fields at the time of registration:
- Mobile No.
- Confirm Password
- Identity Proof No. ( which may be your Aadhar No. or Voter ID)
- Upon signing up, you are sent a Welcome email.
- Your validation will be confirmed by an email once you are registered with us.
- An account is created with details of your profile. You may choose to either file a new case or view case history.
- Subsequently, when you visit the website you can sign in with the registered email and password
STEP 2 – Select E-commerce Company
- Select the company against whom you want to file your complaint from amongst the list of e-commerce companies provided by OCMC.
- Enter the invoice no. /order no./ bill no.
STEP 3 – Payment
- Next, you are taken through a secured payment gateway, Atom Technologies Limited, where you pay your registration fee. (Please find details of Registration Fee and Refund Policy)
- Once the payment is processed, you will receive message that payment has been successfully done.
- The registration fee shall be applicable to ONE CASE only.
STEP 4 – Complaint Intake
- On successful payment, you are now taken to the ‘File a Case’ Button where intake of the complaint details begins.
- In case of a technical error between the payment and proceeding to ‘File a Case’, you can go back to ‘Case History’ in your Account to view the case.
- In the Intake form , choose if the complaint was already filed before court/forum/commission – Yes/No.
- If yes, then you need to give pending case details in addition to the details of the transaction and complaint you wish to make and relief you are seeking against the e-commerce company.
- The complaint intake form requires the following details to be filled by you:
- Transaction details –Purchase date, Receipt date, value of goods/service, nature of dispute, description of issue.
- Upload documents supporting your complaint. The files shall be in PDF, PNG, JPG, JPEG, GIF. Upload of documents in Word document (doc. Or docx.) is not allowed.
- For subsequent registration of complaints, you may simply sign in with the platform using your login and password and proceed with payment of fee and file new complaints.
STEP 5 –Negotiation with the E-commerce Company
- On this platform you will get the opportunity to directly communicate with the e-commerce company to resolve your case and discover a mutually agreeable solution.
- In case you are not able to settle the matter through negotiation or if the parties could not reach agreement on terms, you may choose to escalate the case to mediation.
STEP 6 – Mediation
- On choosing to settle the matter through mediation, OCMC appoints a third- party neutral party or mediator appointed by OCMC.
- Mediation is a voluntary, party-centered and structured process where a neutral third party called mediator assists the parties in amicably resolving their dispute by using specialized communication and techniques.
- Overall you have 30 days from the date the parties started with the Negotiation process (as under Step 5) to resolve your dispute through this platform. The parties may agree to a one-time extension of 15 days to complete the process.
- If both parties agree to terms, the same can be finalized by a formal Settlement Agreement.
Hope this information was useful to get started!